Planning a trip to Malaysia in 2023? Here are the updated requirements and fees for Indians applying for a Malaysia eVisa. Stay informed to ensure a smooth visa application process.
Visa Requirements for Indians Traveling to Malaysia
Indian citizens are required to obtain a visa in order to enter Malaysia. Fortunately, there are a couple of options available for obtaining a visa:
- Malaysia eVisa for Indians: This is the most convenient option as it allows you to apply online from the comfort of your own home. The application process is straightforward and efficient. However, it's worth noting that there have been occasional reports of technical issues with the official government website, which could potentially cause problems with visa applications and payment processing. It's advisable to be prepared for such issues and consider alternative options if necessary.
Eligibility and Application Process for Malaysia eVisa
The eVisa option is not exclusive to Indian citizens, as individuals from various nationalities can also apply for this type of visa.
The eVisa is available to citizens of Bhutan, Bangladesh, China, India, Montenegro, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Serbia. As long as tourists are not currently residing in Malaysia or Singapore, they are eligible to apply for a Malaysian visa.
Malaysia eVisa Requirements and Eligibility for Indian Citizens
To ensure a smooth visa application process, it is important to familiarize yourself with the specific requirements. Indian nationals have the option to apply for various types of eVisas online, depending on the purpose of their visit to Malaysia. Here are the different visa categories available:
- Tourist eVisa: The tourist eVisa is intended for individuals who wish to travel, tour, visit friends or family, or take short trips to Malaysia. This visa allows you to explore the country's attractions and experience its vibrant culture.
- Student eVisa: If you are planning to study at a registered school or institution in Malaysia, you will need to apply for a student eVisa. This visa is specifically designed for Indian students seeking educational opportunities in Malaysia.
- Expatriate eVisa: The expatriate eVisa is required for Indian nationals who have secured employment with a registered company in Malaysia. This visa allows you to legally work and reside in Malaysia as an expatriate.
- Medical eVisa: If you require medical treatment in Malaysia, you will need to apply for a medical eVisa. This visa is available for individuals seeking medical services from any member of the Malaysia Healthcare Travel Council (MHTC). The MHTC ensures high-quality healthcare services in Malaysia.
By understanding these different visa categories, you can choose the appropriate eVisa based on your specific purpose of travel to Malaysia. Make sure to review and meet all the necessary requirements for a successful visa application.
Required Documents for Malaysian eVisa for Indian Citizens
To ensure a smoother application process for the Malaysian eVisa, it is recommended to have access to a scanner. When applying for an eVisa to Malaysia as an Indian citizen, the following documents required for Malaysian eVisa must be submitted:
- Passport-size Photo: Prepare a digital passport-size photo specifically for the online eVisa application.
- Passport Copy: Scan the front page of your passport, which includes your personal information and photo.
- Confirmed Return Flight Ticket: Provide proof of a confirmed return flight reservation to and from Malaysia.
- Hotel Reservation or Accommodation Proof: Present a reservation confirmation from a hotel or any other documentation that demonstrates your accommodation arrangements while in Malaysia.
- Birth Certificate (For Minors): If you are applying for a minor, include a copy of their birth certificate as additional identification.
- Travel Insurance: It is strongly advised to have travel insurance coverage during your visit to Malaysia. Include proof of travel insurance as part of your application.
- Visa Fees Payment: Complete the payment of the required visa fees. Ensure that the payment is made according to the designated process specified on the eVisa application portal.
By gathering these documents beforehand and submitting them through the online eVisa application process, you will enhance your chances of a successful application and a hassle-free travel experience to Malaysia.
Photo Size Specifications for Malaysia eVisa
When applying for the Malaysia eVisa, it is crucial to adhere to specific requirements for Malaysia eVisa passport photo.
The photo size for the eVisa Malaysia should be 35 mm x 50mm. Additionally, there are specific guidelines for the passport photo, including:
- Centered Face: Ensure that your face is positioned at the center of the photo, occupying approximately 30-35 mm of the image.
- Head Position: Maintain a distance of about 5 mm between the top of your head and the top edge of the photo.
- Chin Placement: Allow for a gap of approximately 5-10 mm between your chin and the bottom edge of the photo.
By following these guidelines, you can ensure that your passport photo meets the necessary requirements for the Malaysia eVisa application. Atlys will handle the adjustment process automatically, so you can focus on completing your application with ease.
Entry Requirements for Malaysia eVisa
Malaysia, like any other country, has certain entry requirements that must be fulfilled before you can enter its borders. However, meeting these entry requirements is a straightforward process. The following criteria must be satisfied:
- Valid Passport or Travel Document: Ensure that your passport or travel document is valid for at least six months beyond your intended stay in Malaysia.
- Visa Requirement (if applicable): Check if your nationality requires a visa to enter Malaysia. If so, obtain a valid visa before your arrival. You can consult the Malaysian embassy or consulate in your country for specific visa requirements and application procedures.
- Financial Capability: Demonstrate that you possess sufficient financial resources to support yourself during your stay in Malaysia. This could include providing bank statements, proof of employment, or other financial documents to indicate your ability to cover expenses such as accommodation, food, transportation, and healthcare.
- No Suspect or Prohibited Status: Ensure that you are not listed as a suspect in the Malaysian Immigration Department's Suspect List or the stolen Lost Travel Document (STLD) system. Furthermore, you should not be categorized as a prohibited immigrant.
- Adequate Funds Proof: Provide evidence of adequate funds to cover your expenses in Malaysia. This can be demonstrated through bank statements, traveler's checks, credit card statements, or any other relevant financial documentation.
By adhering to these entry requirements, you can ensure a smooth entry into Malaysia. It is recommended to verify the specific entry requirements with the nearest Malaysian embassy or consulate, as regulations may vary depending on your country of origin.
How to Apply for Malaysia eVisa as an Indian Citizen
To apply for a Malaysia eVisa as an Indian citizen, please follow these steps:
- Visit the official website: Go to the eVisa Malaysia online application system.
- Fill out the application form: Fill out the Malaysia eVisa application form. Provide accurate and complete information regarding your personal details, travel itinerary, purpose of visit, and other required information. Make sure to double-check all the information before submitting the form.
- Upload necessary documents: Prepare the required supporting documents for your application. These may include:
- Scanned copy of your passport bio-data page.
- Recent passport-sized photograph with a white background.
- Flight itinerary or confirmed return ticket.
- Hotel reservation or accommodation details.
- Proof of financial means such as bank statements.
Ensure that all uploaded documents meet the specified format and file size requirements.
- Pay the eVisa fee: Proceed to make the payment for the Malaysia eVisa fee using the available payment options on the website. The fee can be paid online using a credit or debit card.
- Submit the application: Once you have completed the application form, uploaded the required documents, and made the payment, submit your eVisa application.
- Track your application: After submission, you can track the status of your eVisa application on the website. Typically, you will receive updates regarding the processing of your application via email.
- Receive your eVisa: Once your application is approved, you will receive your Malaysia eVisa via email. Make sure to print a copy of the eVisa, as you will be required to present it upon arrival in Malaysia.
It is essential to apply for the Malaysia eVisa well in advance of your intended travel dates to allow for processing time. Additionally, note that the eVisa is valid for a specific period and allows for a maximum stay of 30 days in Malaysia.
Checking Visa Status for Malaysia eVisa
To track the status of your visa application, follow these straightforward steps to conveniently check it online:
- Visit the official website dedicated to eVisa services and log in to your account.
- Provide your passport number along with the reference number or sticker number that you received via email when you submitted your application.
- Choose the appropriate option based on the type of visa you applied for, whether it's an eVisa or eNTRI (Electronic Travel Registration & Information).
- If you have already received your eVisa, mark the checkbox indicating so. If you have not yet received your eVisa, leave the checkbox unticked.
- After confirming your selections, submit the form, and you will gain access to the status of your Malaysia eVisa application.
Comprehensive Guide to Malaysia eVisa for Indian Citizens
The eVisa system was introduced by the Malaysian Government in 2017, providing a convenient way for visitors from around the world to apply online and travel to the beautiful country for tourism purposes.
By enabling online visa applications, the eVisa system streamlines the visa application process, making it more accessible and user-friendly. In the case of Indian citizens, Malaysia offers two online visa application systems:
- Electronic Visa (eVisa): This system allows Indian travelers to apply for a Malaysian visa online. By utilizing the eVisa system, applicants can enjoy a smoother process, avoiding lengthy queues and applying from the comfort of their own homes. However, it is important to note that not all individuals are eligible to apply for a Malaysian eVisa online.
- Electronic Travel Registration and Information (eNTRI): In addition to the eVisa system, Malaysia also provides the eNTRI system for Indian visitors. This online registration system simplifies the visa application process, enabling eligible individuals to apply conveniently and efficiently.
By implementing these online visa application systems, Malaysia aims to enhance the overall experience for visitors and facilitate their travel plans.
Other Types of Visas for Malaysia
Malaysia offers a range of visas tailored to suit your specific travel needs and duration of stay in the country. Here are the different types of visas available:
- Malaysia Tourist Visa: Designed for individuals visiting Malaysia for leisure or tourism purposes. This visa allows you to explore the country's rich cultural heritage, scenic landscapes, and vibrant cities.
- Malaysia Visa on Arrival: If you are eligible, you can obtain a visa upon arrival at certain designated entry points in Malaysia. This option provides convenience for travelers who haven't obtained a visa beforehand.
- Malaysia Transit Visa: If you have a layover in Malaysia and intend to remain within the transit area of the airport, you may require a transit visa. This visa allows you to stay in Malaysia for a limited period while you wait for your onward flight.
- Malaysia Student Visa: If you plan to study in Malaysia at an educational institution, you will need a student visa. This visa allows you to pursue your chosen academic program and gain valuable knowledge and qualifications.
- Malaysia Business Visa: For individuals intending to engage in business activities in Malaysia, such as attending conferences, meetings, or exploring potential investment opportunities, a business visa is required.
- Malaysia Permanent Residence Visa: If you wish to make Malaysia your long-term home, you can apply for a permanent residence visa. This visa allows you to live, work, and enjoy the benefits of residing in Malaysia permanently.
- Malaysia Resident Pass: Similar to the permanent residence visa, the resident pass offers foreign nationals the opportunity to live and work in Malaysia for an extended period. It is typically issued to individuals who have secured employment or established businesses in the country.
- Malaysia Employment Visa: If you have secured a job offer from a Malaysian employer, you will need an employment visa. This visa enables you to work in Malaysia and contribute your skills and expertise to the local job market.
Please note that each visa type has specific eligibility criteria and requirements that must be fulfilled
Validity Period of Malaysian eVisa for Indian Citizens
The eVisa grants a 30-day stay in the country and remains valid for a period of 3 months.
From India, you have two visa options: the Multi-Visa Application and the New Entry Visa. Both visas have a validity of 3 months, but the maximum duration of stay allowed is 30 days.
Cost of Malaysia eVisa for Indian Citizens
The cost of obtaining an eVisa for Indian citizens traveling to Malaysia may vary depending on the type of visa required and the applicant's nationality. In addition to the visa fee, there is also a service charge associated with eVisa applications, which is influenced by the processing time selected.
To obtain an accurate estimate of the eVisa application fee, it is recommended to visit the Malaysia eVisa fee page provided by the website.
Processing Time for Malaysia eVisa
To begin the visa application process, you need to pay the required eVisa fees and submit your application online. Once these steps are completed, your application will be processed accordingly.
- Standard Visa:Under the new regulations, the cost of the standard visa has been significantly reduced. Applicants can now expect to pay a lower fee compared to previous rates. Moreover, the processing time for the standard visa has also improved considerably. The visa will now be issued within a week, providing a more efficient and expedited service to applicants.
- Rush Visa:For those who require quicker visa processing, the rush visa category is available. While the cost of this category is slightly higher than the standard visa, it offers a substantial reduction in processing time. Applicants can expect to receive their visas within 3 business days, ensuring a prompt and convenient service for urgent travel requirements.
- Super Rush Visa: In situations where time is of the essence, the super rush visa category is the most suitable option. Although the cost of this category is higher than both the standard and rush visas, it guarantees the fastest processing time available. Typically, the super rush visa is issued on an urgent basis, usually within 24 to 48 hours. This expedited service provides individuals with the utmost flexibility and convenience when faced with time-sensitive travel circumstances.
Extending Malaysia eVisa: What You Need to Know
Unfortunately, it is not possible to extend an eVisa in Malaysia. The Malaysian Government has specific regulations in place that do not allow for visa extensions. Therefore, if you wish to prolong your stay in Malaysia, you will need to submit a new visa application instead of seeking an extension.
Is the Malaysia eVisa open for Indians?
Yes, Indians can now apply for the Malaysia eVisa.
How can I apply for the Malaysia eVisa from India?
To apply for the Malaysia eVisa from India, you can use the Atlys online platform.
What is the special Malaysian eNTRI visa?
The Malaysian eNTRI visa is an online registration service designed to facilitate easy entry for Chinese and Indian citizens into Malaysia. For more information, you can refer to our dedicated blog on the Malaysia eNTRI visa for Indians.
What's the difference between a Malaysia eVisa and a Malaysia eNTRI visa?
Indians are eligible for both the eNTRI travel visa and the Malaysian eVisa. For a detailed explanation, please read our blog post on the Malaysia eNTRI visa.
What happens after I get my Malaysia eVisa?
Upon arrival in Malaysia, you will need to go through border control at the entry point. The immigration officers will ask you to present your eVisa printout, boarding pass, and valid passport.
What is the maximum number of applications for the Malaysian eVisa for Indian citizens?
For family trips, there is a limit of five applications. However, if you are including children or other members, you can submit the applications through two separate accounts.
What should I do once I receive my Malaysia eVisa?
Once your Malaysia eVisa is approved, you will receive an email notification. It is important to make a copy of the eVisa and bring it with you on the plane. Additionally, carry a printout of the eVisa application and a copy of your passport. While the digital version of the eVisa is accepted by immigration officers, it is recommended to have a printed version as a backup in case of unforeseen circumstances.
Is the eVisa available for Malaysia?
Yes, Malaysia offers an eVisa program for certain nationalities. This program allows eligible travelers to apply for their visa online and receive an electronic visa instead of obtaining a traditional visa through an embassy or consulate.
What should I do if my Malaysia eVisa application is rejected?
If your Malaysia eVisa application is rejected, you may need to reapply or explore other visa options. It is advisable to review the rejection notice and consult with the immigration authorities for further guidance.
Can I work in Malaysia with an eVisa?
Generally, the Malaysia eVisa is not issued for employment purposes. If you intend to work in Malaysia, you must obtain the appropriate work visa or permit through the relevant authorities.
Can I apply for the Malaysia eVisa if I have a criminal record?
Having a criminal record may impact your eligibility for the Malaysia eVisa. It is recommended to check the specific visa requirements and consult with the immigration authorities to determine how a criminal record may affect your application.
Do I need to submit my passport for the Malaysia eVisa application?
In most cases, you do not need to physically submit your passport during the Malaysia eVisa application process. However, you will be required to provide your passport details and ensure that your passport remains valid for the duration of your stay.